Each of our stores is independently owned and operated, so you will need to apply directly at the store where you would like to work.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Please follow the link below to find a store near you.Find a Store
Legal Administrative Assistant
|Job Title:||Legal Administrative Assistant||Date Posted:||July 1, 2019|
|Location:||Sterling Heights, MI||Rate of Pay:||Negotiable|
|Type:||Full-time||Reports to:||JAI Board|
Assists all JAI Departments by performing a variety of legal administrative duties, such as document preparation, document review, create and maintain informational databases, and other corporate work as needed.
- Supports all departments as needed
- Facilitate communication to and from lawyers and departments
- Point of contact between JAI and attorney
- Maintain and organize franchisees files
- Compile legal and corporate documents for attorney review
- Pay attention to close detail on documents
- Draft board meeting agendas, minutes and board resolutions
- Facilitates and coordinates franchise acquisition process
- Maintains document extranet and review legal bills
- Maintain corporate books and records
- Files and maintains corporate standings in multiple states
- Knowledge of DocuSign for electronic signatures
- Assist IP attorney on trademark applications
- Process subpoenas and garnishments
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience
- Associate’s degree or certificate in paralegal studies
- Project management experience a plus
- Work under pressure as there are many deadlines
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and problem resolution skills
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
- Working knowledge of Franchisee/Franchisor relationship a plus
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- 40 hours per week Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Frequent sitting
- Repetitive mouse and keyboard use along with visual demands
- Accuracy and integrity of work
- Timely Completion of assigned tasks and annual goals
- Ability to continually develop skills and adapt to new technologies and techniques
- 30 day, 60 day, and yearly reviews
- Attendance record
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
You can apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, veteran, or disability status.